SailNet Community - View Single Post - live on/learn on/cruise on
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2003

Magic_Moments is on a distinguished road
live on/learn on/cruise on

I have run into several people who live on Cal 25''s. I don''t know anything about how they sail, but I know that all three of those people were happy and thats what counts.
In Vancouver, I think a lots of boats are kept in False Creek to avoid the currents in First Narrows. Howe Sound is just around Point Atkinson from Vancouver.

I am living on a Gulf 29 right now, but since I have moved onto my boat this year, I have started to look at larger boats. I have sold my house and am trying to get rid of the excess junk, so you are coming at it from a better perspective of not starting out with the junk.

P.S. There is the issue of holding tanks for the onboard toilet. At my marina they require the Y-valve to be wiretied to the holding tank position as I am sure the rest of the US also requires, however in Canada, which is less than a mile from where I sit, pumpout stations are rare and many boats directly flush overboard. The entire city of Victoria flushes directly overboard too. So the ability to switch to a holding tank in the US and flush over in BC is important. If you buy a boat in Canada and bring it to the US it needs a holding tank. A porta pottie does qualify. I am not sure why I thought that was important to add, but there it is.

Ken
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook