SailNet Community - View Single Post - Satalite TV on your boat???
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2003

Stede is on a distinguished road
Satalite TV on your boat???

Yeah, I have to admit, I struggled a little on buying the flat plasma screen and portable DVD to put on the boat.My excuse for doing so was that I thought maybe it would intice my teen-age daughter to go sailing with me more.It didn''t work.To be totally honest though,I just love electronic gadgets.There! I''ve said it.Strangely, I feel...well kind of elevated.I was in electronics heaven installing my Autopilot,and GPS chartplotter on my boat.Tying everything together so that they would talk with the depth sounder,etc.was a real "high" for me.(I need therapy!)I had a blast setting the TV,DVD system up.I bought a fold out bracket for the flat panel tv that''s mounted on the overhead of my quarterberth.The tv slides out and down when I want to use it,then folds back up conveniently out of the way when not needed.The DVD player is smaller than a shoe box.I have two small speakers that are amplified by batteries that I''ve set up in the cabin to give kind of a "surround sound" effect. I don''t use the system very often though.Usually when I''m relaxing at anchor I read,work on stuff,or play chess if I have company.The DVD does come in handy on rainy nights to play my copy of "Treasure Island"(original Walt Disney version),or some of my other nautical favorites. Now if I can just figure out how to remove part of the bulkhead and get a jacuzzi in the cabin?? ;^)
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook