SailNet Community - View Single Post - Satalite TV on your boat???
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2003

mcain is on a distinguished road
Satalite TV on your boat???

Hey, Stede, where did you get the foldaway bracket for the TV?
I have done much the same thing. I have a combo DVD/CD player, with Dolby 5.1, 6 speakers (including subwoofer), VHS tape unit, 18" Flat screen TV monitor (with a slide-out shelf that I custom made--hence my question on your bracket). And amplified broadcast antenna at top of mast.
Also the standard array of radar, ham radio, full instruments, including repeater at nav station. Laptop with G3 cell internet access and HF email access via Pactor modem. And Iridium sat phone. And security system and microwave. And charting systems.

But my crowning glory is that the refrig and freezer are wired with temp sensors and compressor-on sensors, which provide continuous readings over my BOA (Boat area network) to the laptop. Could also be read via internet, in theory, in case I want to know my boat refrig temp from home. With a software package to graph and log the results. This was the last straw--that sent my wife over the edge. She has gone along with everything else, but as I was setting the IP address in the temp sensor device--she accused me of being an engineer (guilty!). Kinda reminds me of my boat neighbor who says that boating is all about getting away from it all, not taking it all with you.

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook