SailNet Community - View Single Post - Happy hour snacks?
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2008
Super Fuzzy Moderator

tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanctuarysam View Post
summer sausage is a smoked sausage that travels well (germans make the best i think)
waverly wafers are a "club" cracker made by keebler, iirc..anyway, decent for cheese and such.
your choice of figs, salty ham and gorgonzola shows you are a wombat w/ exquisite taste.
Aha,
I think I know what you mean and yes the Germans indeed most East Europeans as well, do wonderful things with sausage. The first time I went to Vienna we arrived so late that all the restaurants were closed we found ourselves stumbling about the city at 0200 hungry as all get out when we stumbled upon an all night bbq stand. Oh yes. What's more being Europe they even had beer. Ok, so not the 'summer sausage' king but good ood good.

Presuming that things like Salami are included in the summer sausage thing then don't forget Chorizo.

The Waverly Wafer thing I'm not so sure of but we like Carr's Water Crackers. Wonderful for cheese, pate, gerkhin etc.

Sorry about the baked figs, that was a cooked thing and outside the thread but but but......

Ref Creamed Cheese.....my aversion is with the packaged stuff like Philadelphia. There are some Italian cream cheeses that are pretty good indeed our local delicatessan does a red pimento stuffed with a creamy cheese and drizzled over with olive oil that I can eat by the truck load.

Another one is take a Jabanero (sp ?) or a Jalapeno , remove the seeds and stuff with sour cream. Taken in small doses however. Overdo it and you will
have one sizzled ring piece the next day.

"Do you think God gets stoned? I think so... Look at the platypus." Robin Williams.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook