SailNet Community - View Single Post - Which way to Honduras?
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2008

buckeyesailor is on a distinguished road
I remain indebted to each and every commentor. I honestly don't know what I'm going to do at this point........but, as confident as I am of my abilities and weighing the potential risks.....right now Hitching a ride on someone going that way seems the most logical (safe). Driving is OUT of the question. I lived in Panama for a couple of years and I think swimming to Honduras would be safer.
I'm still not ruling out taking someone with more experience on my boat. I'm not limited to a 20k boat but I won't invest 150 grand (my max) on something I don't know if I'll spend years on.
Caleb, I hear ya......and thank God I haven't lived in Oh. all my life.......I've spent a lot of time offshore in 1 to 3 week stints, just never in control of the vessel (unless you count watching the radar for hours at a time)
Is it true that you have a better chance of seeing a mermaid from Midnight to 4?.....that's what the Capt. told me.....

Jody,......I had to read that a few times........I think I agree 100%.....I used to live for adventure(Deep Sea Diver/Idiot Skier/Biker/steel worker and the wildest - Raising two girls!)........and it's been too long since the last adventure....there's not much excitement in Golf and Gardening anymore....

again, thanks all.......