SailNet Community - View Single Post - Which way to Honduras?
View Single Post
post #29 of Old 06-12-2008 Thread Starter
buckeyesailor

I remain indebted to each and every commentor. I honestly don't know what I'm going to do at this point........but, as confident as I am of my abilities and weighing the potential risks.....right now Hitching a ride on someone going that way seems the most logical (safe). Driving is OUT of the question. I lived in Panama for a couple of years and I think swimming to Honduras would be safer.
I'm still not ruling out taking someone with more experience on my boat. I'm not limited to a 20k boat but I won't invest 150 grand (my max) on something I don't know if I'll spend years on.
Caleb, I hear ya......and thank God I haven't lived in Oh. all my life.......I've spent a lot of time offshore in 1 to 3 week stints, just never in control of the vessel (unless you count watching the radar for hours at a time)
Is it true that you have a better chance of seeing a mermaid from Midnight to 4?.....that's what the Capt. told me.....

Jody,......I had to read that a few times........I think I agree 100%.....I used to live for adventure(Deep Sea Diver/Idiot Skier/Biker/steel worker and the wildest - Raising two girls!)........and it's been too long since the last adventure....there's not much excitement in Golf and Gardening anymore....

again, thanks all.......

Poverty motivates me in ways prosperity never could.
(stolen from Eddie Jones)
Quote Share with Facebook

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome