SailNet Community - View Single Post - Fuel filter replacement on Yanmar 3GM30F
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2008

artbyjody is just really nice artbyjody is just really nice artbyjody is just really nice artbyjody is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsyversen View Post
Installed my new rwa water pump today and found where the second filter is and I think I identified both pumps and bleeders on engine. I also drained the primary and a lot of water came out, no color but a slight smell of diesel from the rag it dripped on.... I'm thinking of installing a pump like for the outboards, they have it at westmarine and I think I have a 1/2 hose, at only $12 that seems far easier than finding the pump on the engine.

still nt sure about this but only one way to find out if I can do it
I did that and you won't get anywhere with it... revisit the post I posted the link to...Bleeding your diesel is more than two bleed points. You have to do the entire engine...do the pump I recommend - a bit pricier than the $12 jobby (which I originally did) - but unless you really enjoy masturbating the task of bleeding - the fastest and most versatile way to go is installing an aux pump ...

S/V "
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
" -
1983, Barberis Show 38! or
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook