SailNet Community - View Single Post - Getting a Free Sabre 28
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2008
purveyor of mischief

sanctuarysam will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by 82sabre View Post
I feel that not having the initial cost of buying the boat helps a lot, there will most likely be three main people seeing this project all the way through, and occasionally helping hands lent from bored friends.
as the boat comes along, people wanting to sail w/ you will increase. your friends help you pull the boat and deal w/ what i suspect is a pretty nasty bottom.i always gave those guys and girls first choice of rides.(and the uhm parties too )
as a sabre owner (sis has one too), the boats are built rock solid.
you have some projects ahead (some 'spensive ones too), but when done, you'll know that boat's systems, inside and out.
engine?..did you address that already? first thing i would do. is reconfigure your companionway steps for engine access. iirc, sabres of that era have a less than ideal set-up. on my '90 30, the whole shebang pulls out. drawers, trash box and tool drawer.it would eliminate the cross member that will deny decent access.
i'll look and see if i have a pic of the set-up...if you'd like to see.
have you developed your plan of attack..structural, bottom, systems..etc. it will help prioritize your projects (1000's of em, just wait and see) and budget accordingly..lots of great deals on stuff out there, you just have to know where to look. people here are pretty good about helping others through projects w/ timely and $ advice.
lemme know if i can help in anyway.

Sam
Sanctuary, Sabre 30 mkIII
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook