SailNet Community - View Single Post - Mooring ball heads up!!
View Single Post
post #8 of Old 06-13-2008

Good post. I tend to agree with you about the through-the-mooring-ball attachment system. Ours is set up that way, and this year I added a series of floats to the pennant for exactly the reasons you described.

By the way, I considered purchasing bonafide pennant floats from Hamilton, but I was feeling thrifty that day and took another approach. We have about half a dozen "swim noodles" that we use for floating on when we swim off the boat. They are long (about 4-5 feet) foam tubes, with a hollow core. We buy them for about 99 cents on sale. I took one of those, cut off six-inch lengths with a serrated bread knife, then sliced each length longitudinally on one side, down to the hollow core. I slid about half a dozen of these on to the mooring pennant, spaced about every foot or so. I put two wraps of duct tape onto each float and voila.

Not the most ship-shape or fancy approach, but each float costs about 15 cents. So far they have held up well and served their purpose.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Pacific Seacraft Crealock 31 #62

Quote Share with Facebook
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome