SailNet Community - View Single Post - Who''s living on what??
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2008
Old Salt

mikethecapt is on a distinguished road
i have a 1978 S2-9.2C, it's a center cockpit 30' sloop rigged cruiser designed by Aurther Edmonds (spelling?) and i have been living aboard her since 2003. i am just at the tail end of a two year refit that included 11 months on the hard due to a complete gelcoat peel and new epoxy bottom. and yes, i lived aboard in the yard, while installing the new engine, rigging and sanitation system. i have a gym membership and kept my clothes in the car, i would shower and change at the gym. i didn't find it inconvient at all. i have lived aboard various boats prior to this one and i work at sea as a merchant sailor. i had a much larger boat before and miss the space and tankage, but not the cost of everything. on this boat i have removed the marine-air air conditioner, the microwave and most all of the 110v do dads to make room for more room. my boat is not small as far as living space goes, but on deck it lacks adequate storage. i'm fixing that with an arch/davit system and a couple of small boxes on deck and one in the cockpit. my plan is to cruise 6 months, put the boat somewhere safe and bolster the kitty on some ship somewhere for two months and cruise 6 months until i can cruise 8 months, 10, bye bye.

capt. mike

s/v plan b

Last edited by mikethecapt; 06-14-2008 at 08:15 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook