SailNet Community - View Single Post - full time cruising insurance ??
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2003

Augustan is on a distinguished road
full time cruising insurance ??

Jeffamc,

From all your other posts it seems you hate everything!!

I suppose you don''t like insurance because it is a product of facsist, faceless multinational corporations..........or some such rantings like that!!

I actually like the idea of at least being able to insure my boat for damage it may do to other boats. At the moment I have full insurance as I''m still tied to my home waters (job, mortgage and other such responsibilities)

It''s better than just saying to the other boat owner "Oh well sorry mate, I don''t have any money to pay for the damage I did to your lovely boat.......you''ll just have to sue me for money I don''t have anyway!!"

Do you plan driving a car without so much as third party insurance? I''m sure glad I live 12,000 miles away from you!!

I do however agree with you on one point.....they can do what they want with me when I''m dead. No point wasting good money on fancy caskets and ceremony etc.

One more thing.....it''s "The System" that does actually allow people to go do things such as cruising. Think about this and how you can use this to your advantage without, of course, bludging off others.

Darren
S/V Augustan
Sydney, Australia
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook