SailNet Community - View Single Post - Looking for a Dinghy
View Single Post
Old 06-18-2008
Francophobe

TheFrog is on a distinguished road
At least some Laser models come with a jib standard. Even without a jib a Laser is a blast to sail - as my instructor said the first day I took one out "you will get wet". They are fast and fun. Here is one listed on sailtexas.com for $2400 (like I said, your budget will probably have to go above $1000.

Quote:
1989 Laser (#137105). One of those boats that sat in someone's garage for pretty much its entire life, all white, solid w/ no soft spots or dimples, doesn't leak a drop. Full rig, completely re-rigged within past 2 years, including pro upgrade for vang, cunningham, and outhaul; all lines, hiking strap, and toe rails replaced within past year; 2 sails in very good condition, one of them is only 1 1/2 years old and used about 10 times; blades, spares, everything in excellent condition; Rooster Sailing blade bag; fiberglass tiller, 48" extension; the new Laser clue fitting; Harken ratch-o-matic mainsheet block; Intensity top cover; Seitech dolly; NO trailer; Boat is located at the Arlington YC (DFW area) - $2,400, all things in life are negotiable. [phone number removed]. March 24, 2008. Email for pictures I have many that will prove to you that you're getting a race ready boat that will compete with the brand new ones:[email removed]
The Laser (original) is really a boat for one person, some of the other models (Laser 2000, Laser SB3) are built for more than one and have a foresail (jib or genoa). I found that the Laser with just a main is plenty to handle for one novice. If you are lookign for something slightly bigger with a jib, take a peek at the Flying Junior (Flying Junior) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. FJ's are commonly used by college sailing teams. You can singlehand them but they are best with you and one crew. Due to their prevalance you may be able to find one in your price range but expect the condition to be quite poor.

Quote:
Golf is an exercise in Scottish pointlessness for people who are no longer able to throw telephone poles at each other.
-Florence King

To get the most from Sailnet, follow the link in
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
's signature.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by TheFrog; 06-18-2008 at 10:59 AM. Reason: spelling
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook