Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: live on boat
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 10
I asked my agent for coverage in the Carribean for next Summer. He told me I would have to wait until after the hurricaine season this year to get a quote and that he would have to go to London or other foreign markets to get an underwriter. I intend to keep the boat in Oyster Pond in St. Maarten.
A number of yards in the islands have pits into which the boats can be lowered. This seems to be safer than being propped up and exposed to the wind. Catamaran Marina in Antigua is one such marina.