SailNet Community - View Single Post - First Family Sail on Sundance
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2008

montenido is on a distinguished road
First Family Sail on Sundance

Hi all. I finally got my new (to me) boat out of the yard and into the water last week. My wife and two kids drove to meet me at the boat yard. My appointment to put it in was for 11:00, but there was another boat in the sling and we didn't get her wet until about 2:00 (I assume this happens a lot?). Did I mention the heat wave that SoCal is having? Anyway, got the boat in the water and headed out into the ocean. Beautiful sunny day. Did I mention the heat? Well for some reason, the waters off Ventura which are normally super windy, were blowing at 2-3 knots. So we tried sailing in several different directions with little to no success. Finally fired up the motor and headed in. I must say that despite the heat and lack of wind, it was pretty damn great! My family loved it and are already talking about the next time. It felt good to do more than just work on the boat.
So, we are officially a sailing family. BTW, I have my second of five sailing classes today, keel boat sailing and coastal cruising. Got to keep my family safe, you know. This is a great site and I learn several things everyday by cruising the forums.

Fresh wind, montenido

"There is no unhappiness like the misery of sighting land (and work) again after a cheerful, careless voyage."
Mark Twain
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook