SailNet Community - View Single Post -
Thread:
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2003

uriah is on a distinguished road
My wife and I and two of our friends recently returned from our yacht trip in Greece. In spite of the advice of sailmaster25 we chartered with MG yachts. I can happily report that we had a great experience with them. We chartered the boat for 11 days and left on a Tuesday. As such, they let us take the boat over at 10AM, as opposed to the customary time of 5PM, so we ostensibly got a free day of sailing. We chartered a ''98 Moody 38S that was in very good conditions and kept us feeling secure in spite of the fact we got caught in some pretty nasty weather one morning (15 foot swells, 40-50 mph winds). Also, in spite of the fact that there was some cosmetic damage done to the boat during some heavy weather while we were docked in Milos, we got our entire $1000 deposit back with no questions asked. I must point out that while we did not expect to have to pay for any damage to the boat, one can imagine that a less than reputable company might have tried to charge us. Finally, the skipper we hired was fantastic! His name is Spiros Zalmas. He was very friendly and funny and most importantly he knew the seas and weather patterns like the back of his hand. He works with several Greek charter companies and if you ever require a skipper I highly recommend requesting him.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook