SailNet Community - View Single Post - Summer Cruise - Southern Chesapeake Bay?
View Single Post
Old 06-23-2008
Senior Moment

SailorMitch will become famous soon enough
chef-- solomon's is one of my favorite bay stops. the girls will love the calvert marine museum. i just enjoy it there---great international grocery store there,too besides the restaurants. good west marine there if needed. nice marinas to stay at( Spring Cove is my favorite.) plus lots of places to anchor.

here are some other choices-- crisfield is a great stop for boaters. somers Cove Marina is state run and very nice. very walkable town. you also can catch the "tourist ferries" to both tangiers( you can more than see the town in one afternoon visit and still have time to eat at Mrs. Crocket's) and to smith's island.

friends talk highly of Cambridge and Chestertown as well.as well.

in Virginia, I have heard good things about Onancock and Cape Charles. I've been to Deltaville both by water and car ( bought my P-33-2 there in fact.) the town is pretty deadsville. in part this all is determined by what you call the southern bay. how far south do you have time to go?

"Compassion and tolerance are not a sign of weakness, but a sign of strength." The Dalai Lama

good planets are hard to find-- a song by steve forbert

I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience. I know no way of judging the future but by the past.-- Patrick Henry.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook