SailNet Community - View Single Post - BRISTOL 35 YAWL FOR SALE
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2001

VIEXILE is on a distinguished road
BRISTOL 35 YAWL FOR SALE

Located in SW Harbor, Maine, while I''m living a long, long ways away. Classic John Alden, rare Bristol 35 Yawl full keel CCA Racer-Cruiser, Hull #11. NOT a speedster (6.53kn hull speed), but not as bad as some people on this site would have you believe. Moves well in light winds with practice. Drives on full sails while everyone else is getting slapped around in Eggemoggin Reach. You want a fin keel, tender, touchy clorox bottle, this ain''t the boat for you. Very well built, very forgiving and the perfect cruiser for coastal New England. The everyman''s Hinckley. Volvo Diesel with topend rebuild in ''98 and not much use since. Belowdecks completely refinished before layup last fall. Hinckley awlgrip job a few years ago. The only other Yawl of this model is for sale in Florida for $49,900.00 or something like that. With or without a broker, I want to net $35,000.00. That''s the bottom line. I''ve turned down close offers, and have been told it''s "the best one (the looker) had seen." I financed through Key Marine a few years ago at 8%, 15 years. I''m borrowing boats and racing with other people here in the Carib. Want my own boat down here, but the cost of delivery and time approaches the downpayment for another boat. I''d prefer to have it down here, or may ultimately keep it as a "camp" up home on Deer Isle. KW
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook