SailNet Community - View Single Post - Summer Cruise - Southern Chesapeake Bay?
View Single Post
Old 06-23-2008

NauticalFishwife is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to NauticalFishwife
Chef, we were out all week last week and stopped at Deale for a night. We were ready for a marina night so we stayed at Shipwright Marina and took the dink over to Skippers Pier for dinner. Shipwright has a pool for the kids-which is nice. People in the office were very friendly and I even took the time to do a load of laundry. If you're headed south this might be a good stop on the way down.Solomons is one of my very favorite places on the bay. I can second the Calvert museum as a place to go and I think you'd enjoy the CD Cafe for dinner. Small place but we have never been disappointed in our meal or service. Sorry we missed you out on the bay last week! We more or less got up and chose our sailing destination according to the wind for the day. We did, Rhode River-fun dingy and swimming spot, Granery Creek which is off of the Wye -fun dingy and swimming spot and a nature area where you can take the dingy in and walk on a trail. We saw more brown rays than I've ever seen on the Bay before. They must have been mating because they were jumping for joy all afternoon. Then we went over to Deale then across to Oxford and then a night in Whitehall-which is also a great place to take the dink up Merrideth Creek. Enjoy your vacation!

Martha
Calypso-Dickerson 37
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook