SailNet Community - View Single Post - S2-9.2 c
Thread: S2-9.2 c
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2008
Old Salt

mikethecapt is on a distinguished road
Hi,
I have a 1978 S2 9.2C that I have lived aboard since 2002. I am at the tail end of over two years of a complete re-fit that included a new engine, rigging, sanitation system, hull and deck paint, a complete bottom gel strip (330 blisters) letting the boat dry out for over 8 months before applying 10 gallons (yes 10) of west systems epoxy, 4 gallons of interlux barrier coat and 3 gallons of trinidad bottom paint, new batteries, new dodger and bimini top, and a bunch of other "stuff". I'm right in the middle of replacing the main floor frame under the compression post and let me tell you it is no small job. (of course, to be fair, it seems that nothing really is.) I have pictures of almost everything and if you email me at *** what a bummer!!! I can't post my email address, lets see... okay so I can cheat... it's "mikethecapt" and it's at hotmail, got it? Great! I will be happy to share all I have and all I have learned about this great little boat. I work as a professional mariner and have spent the last 34 years at sea on ships of all sizes and have lived aboard or at least puttered about various small boats my whole life. although this boat is no where as stout as say a southern cross or a westerly, it is more than robust enough to hop up and down the coast or sail the caribbean. With that being said, pick your weather and don't be a fool and you can sail anywhere provided xxxx dosen't happen, but knowing that it can and sometimes will, well that's why it's called freedom. There's a ton of lesser boats sitting on the hook in paridise because there owners didn't know that they couldn't sail them that far. Good luck and congrats on finding what I think is one great little cruiser.

Mike Ahearn
S/V Plan B
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook