SailNet Community - View Single Post - UPDATE - Stuart Anchoring Victory Florida
View Single Post
Old 06-27-2008

cardiacpaul is a jewel in the rough cardiacpaul is a jewel in the rough cardiacpaul is a jewel in the rough
"is the severe problem of derelict vessels we have in Florida"

agreed, but I've inquired about some of the same.
You would be amazed at the abject lack of knowledge of various departments who all claim to either "be in charge" of these vessels, or have even a modicum of a clue as to what paperwork is needed, required, supplied, wiped with pertaining to the salvage rights and or disposal of these vessels.

I have personally spent over 2 days straight waiting in various offices, (forget phone calls) being jacked from one official to another, only to be told that not only do they don't have a clue, they have no idea as to which 7-11 sells these clues.

I have taken the stance with some of the F&G folks, as well as the dept. of hemp undies fella's that upon my first encounter with a human with a pulse, my very first question is....
"you got a boss?" "I'll wait for 'em". and still, nada.
From city, to county, to state, to even the USCG (who reports said tubs to the state), who reports 'em to F&G, who reports 'em to state police, county police, local police and I think the local garden club, that nothing happens because nobody has a nickel in the game. I give up.

Some people are like slinkies: not really good for anything... but you can't help laughing when you push them down the stairs
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook