SailNet Community - View Single Post - Bonehead of the Year
View Single Post
Old 06-30-2008
Best Looking MALE Mod

Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainrizzo View Post
On Saturday, we joined Sailortjk1 (Tim & Julie, joined by their friends Mark and Sally) for a 25 NM cruise to South Haven, MI. On our trip down, we beat against a fresh SSW breeze in relatively heavy seas and registered 40 NMs. It took a while, but we made it! It started to rain once we arrived in South Haven. Eileen took our dog for a much needed walk as I was preparing to get Jamie off of the boat, hurrying as it was starting to rain. Here is where I get the “Bonehead of the Year” award. I stepped off the dock, my foot slipped, and I smacked my knees on the toe rail on my way into the drink, cell phone and wallet in pockets of course. Tim had the presence of mind to lower my swim ladder so I could get out of the water! Thanks Tim!!

In spite of my mishap on the dock, we had a great time in South Haven and headed home on Sunday. We enjoyed WSW winds and reached all the way back to Holland on one leg (no pun intended)! It was a very nice sail at
impressive speeds! All-in-all, it was a great trip. Here are some photos of our adventure! Note that the boat off my stern is Julianna. Tim is famous for cooking bratwurst while under sail. Sailaway21 had mentioned that "If the fog rolls in, you can locate TJK by the smell of bratwurst. It's odiferous because he buys nothing but the best." Thanks for the heads-up Sway!!
I saw that last Pic!!! And I thought my grill had a flame up problem!! HEHE!

- CD

PS Looks like a great time.

1987 Tayana Vancouver 42, Credendo Vides, (Mom and Pops boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in Puget Sound)

My Website:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow My Blog at:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow me on Facebook:

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook