SailNet Community - View Single Post - A question for Puget Sound sailors
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2008

djodenda will become famous soon enough djodenda will become famous soon enough
I see Marty beat me to it... He was sailing Saturday, but not Sunday. Ha!

Anyway,

Ahh... The Langley Dinner Cruise!

That's a real fun thing to do. I used to go on Langley Dinner Cruises when I kept my Catalina 30 in Everett.

So, let's see.....

Depending on where you are at in Everett, it could be 10 - 15 minutes to the breakwater

It's about 8 nautical miles to Langley from the breakwater. If the wind is up, it will probably blow from the north or south, so you should be able to reach directly to Langley. You should be able to make 5 knots on your boat on a reach in decent wind or under sail (I had a C22 for a couple of years)

It'll cost you another 10 minutes to drop your sails and tie up. You should be able to squeeze into somewhere at Langley as they have lots of smaller slips. You may have to be aggressive on that, but Langley has a tradition of fitting everybody in.

10 minutes to walk into town. I like Village Pizza, but the service is kind of slow there. You'd be in there at least an hour.

So, let's add 'em up

15 minutes to the breakwater
100 minutes to Langley
10 minutes to dock
10 minutes to walk
60 minutes to eat
10 minutes to walk
10 minutes to undock
100 minutes to Everett
15 minutes to your slip

Total: 330 minutes, or 5-1/2 hours.

So, no, 4 hours isn't enough. But, the Langley Dinner Cruise is a really fun trip and I highly recommend it. You should figure out how to get more time to accomplish this trip.

You really should do this!

Remember to wear your PFDs!

David

P.S. This was a really good first post. Welcome to Sailnet. We have strong representation up here! Go ahead and introduce yourself and your boat in the Introduce Yourself thread. You make 10 inane posts there, and then post us pictures of your boat, please.

1987 CS 36 Merlin "Kyrie"

"They drove a dump truck full of money up to my house. I'm not made of stone!" -Krusty the Clown

Last edited by djodenda; 07-01-2008 at 02:48 PM. Reason: Postscript
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook