SailNet Community - View Single Post - Learn from our @*^#&-up
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2008
Closet Powerboater

MedSailor is on a distinguished road
Marty,

I have decided on Dacron for my sails, thanks for everyone's input, it rang true and made good sense. When I was asking my racer friends about the types of sails all they could do was espouse the virtues of laminates, but I suspected there was more to it. The gains I would see don't outweigh the problems in handling and stowage etc, so dacron it is.

I'm still not any closer to deciding what sized roller-furling headsail to get. I want to add sail area (big sail) but don't want to part a furling line or ruin the cloth when sailing with it partly furled in weather. Not sure I want to commit to a working staysail either.... To that end I'm going to keep a sailling log from here on out and note boatspeed, windspeed, sail-combo and wind angle. From that I should be able to flesh out what I need a little better.

MedSailor

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I have a sauna on my boat, therefore I win.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook