SailNet Community - View Single Post - Learn from our @*^#&-up
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2008

blt2ski will become famous soon enough
Med,

A dock mate with a Hunter 27 or 28, a late 80's something of this size, just went with a dac main, and a UK tape drive genoa in a 150/155. I can find out for sure tomorrow from the UK rep whom is measuring my boat. Anyway, Larry's boat has 3 built in reefs such that he can go from the 155, to a 135 then down to a 110, examples of LP only! with out loosing shape etc on his genoa. I can let you know in a month or two how this is working for him in a month or two.

I am personally going to do the laminate all around, if for nothing else, the light lazy days like sunday trying to get back racing from ludlow to Edmonds in 0-10 and back to 0 in less time than I am typing this. Along with allowing me a bit better when the wind pipes in in winter. I was out in a few 30-35 days enough that laminates will help for me anyway in a wider band. I am sure dacs will be fine for your use. If you want to talk to the UK rep, let me know earlier than later, ie 7am at latest via PM probably best, with name and number I can have ian call you regarding his sails and what may work etc.

marty