SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Blog on buying and restoring a sailboat
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2008

BarryL is on a distinguished road
boats

Hi Mike,

Wow. Interesting blog. I wish you the best.

I have no desires to live on a boat or sail over the horizon. I love sailing and am very passionate about it, but I have no dreams of doing it continuously, especially with a family. I love sailing for a day, a weekend, or a week, but no longer.

Anyway, while I'm sure it could be done, I can't image anyone, especially a family, who would want to be on a boat without a working head, battery powered lights, working engine, etc. I like my creature comforts.

You didn't ask, but my advice to you would be to buy a small cheap readily available boat in average to poor condition. Buy it now, sail it now, fix it up over time. In a year or two or three you will have a much better idea of what you really want. Your skills at boat repair and sailing will be greater. You'll most likely get your money back on the first boat (but not your time).

Good luck,
Barry

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook