SailNet Community - View Single Post - Cabin Lighting
Thread: Cabin Lighting
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2008
Super Fuzzy Moderator

tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by negrini View Post
I went LED all over the baot, except af fluorescent at galey. Saves a lot of power, but created a too cool area that today I regret.
That has been my problem with LEDs but I have to say the current generation of warm white LEDs are staggeringly good.

My take on this is that I'd like to go LED as general and task lighting but keeping a couple of 10w halogens in the saloon.

One other thing we are looking at is a small task light from Osram that is a battery operated LED. We are thinking of putting them into galley cupboards under the shelves.

The Dogs thing about oil is quite correct except for the heat. We have one of these and I love the sucker but it does put out some heat. Sydney winters are not cold, 10 degrees Celsius is about minimum, but thats still a bit chilly. The oil lamp is quite sufficient to take the chill off the air, admittedly in a very well insulated cabin.

(I'm getting a sense of Deja Vu about this thread)

"Do you think God gets stoned? I think so... Look at the platypus." Robin Williams.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook