SailNet Community - View Single Post - What''s the best Head (toilet).....
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2003

Myblueheaven is on a distinguished road
What''''s the best Head (toilet).....

OK, I''m goint to say it. I don''t like being the only one but I feel I must get it out there.

I don''t like what I have seen so far in the way of toilets, and the generaln space given to the average head. I mean...they are OK if you just use your boat on week ends or day cruise. But come on! What is the deal with the size of these things?

Let me go back in time before worrying about marine toilets was an issue. When my young bride and I purchased our first home ( on land) we were quick to remodel the whole place...bringing it(and us) into the ninties. Upgraded to granit counters, all wood floors, huge kitchen I could park a car in! Huge lagoon pool with swaying palm trees for the whole effect. But one thing was always high on the list. New toilets! Not your typical, average crapper. No, we went for Kohler BIG-BOY''s! Ever seen one? Nice and long, and wide. Made for real Americans...alive today. Not what we were back in the 1800''s. Not european size xxxl( which is a medium in America! No, real comfortable comodes you don''t have to fit onto or try to ajust your ...uhm, parts to fit(guys understand).

Alright, smash cut to now. I am spoiled. Nothing I can do about it. or at least nothing I will do about it. I will simply scour the earth for a more habitable can. Unless someone out there knows a place to look for a more "American" size head, saving me years of anguish and uncomfortable magazine reading.

By the way, I do understand that the actual size of the space in the head is limited and enlarging to fit bigger fixtures is often impractical if not impossible. But I am thinking of a larger boat of maybe 45 ft on up)where reworking a head(bathroom) to be more enviting and practical is possible in many situations. I saw a beautiful toilet on a Italian Comet as well as a Italian Ferretti Ketch. It appeared large and inviting! I can''t believe I said that. But it really looked solid and of a good size. But the broker new nothing about the brand or its origin. Man, it was a work of art. Those Italians!
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook