SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Photos in posts

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Bryan53 
#1 ·
Something I have been meaning to ask....Sometimes when I post a picture it gives a link, and sometimes it shows the actual photo in the post. I can't figure out what causes it.

I always upload my photos to the sailnet gallery and then use the insert image with the URL of the sailnet picture - jpg. Sometimes it displays in the post, sometimes it doesn't. It doesn't seem to be file size related.

Anybody know why ???

#2 ·
I think it has to do with the "watermark" SailNet logo that appears on full size images. Links to full size images don't call the image directly but instead call the script that assembles the image and the watermark. You probably have no trouble embedding a thumbnail image because it contains no watermark and the link calls the .jpg image directly. To see the image full size, embed the thumbnail and then edit the link to remove "/thumbs" from the link. It will now call the full image without the watermark.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.