SailNet Community - View Single Post - New Beneteau 49?
View Single Post
post #4 of Old 07-06-2008 Thread Starter
danielgoldberg

Mostly coastal cruising in the northeast, with jumps to Bermuda periodically (probably every other year).

I understand the parameters of production boats, and my question pertains more to whether anyone has knowledge or experience with this particular boat, as opposed to whether a production boat is suitable to what we plan to do with her. We're considering it mostly because my wife really wants a "new" boat, which limits the universe from an economic perspective. We haven't made any decisions yet, either in terms of whether we actually change boats at all, get a new boat, a used boat, a catamaran, etc. We're in the investigation phase, and are considering a production boat from one of the "Big 3" because we could afford a new one. I don't like the Hunters, the Catalinas seem kind of bland to me, and I actually like the aesthetic of the Beneteaus (and my sense is that the fit and finish on them is a little better than the other two).

So, there you have it. All comments and thoughts welcome and appreciated.

Dan Goldberg

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Quote Share with Facebook

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome