SailNet Community - View Single Post - ST-60 Depth - The Answer is YES !!!
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2008

Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice
ST-60 Depth - The Answer is YES !!!

Hi All,

I just did a major mid season electronics tweak and while I was at it replaced my Standard Horizon DS-35 depth sounder with a Raymarine ST-60.

Previous to the Standard Horizon DS-35 I had a Datamarine depth sounder. When the Datamarine failed the P.O. was in the Carib and could only find the DS-35.

They both had RCA cable connectors so the PO just used the original Datamarine depth transducer for the Standard Horizon DS-35 and it worked perfectly as they are both the same frequency.

I decided to experiment before installing my new Raymarine/Airmar transducer and low and behold the ST-60, when connected to this 20 year old Datamarine transducer, works perfectly!!!

I simply bought a short pre-made RCA cable and cut it open exposing the internal wires. I tied the "pin" or center pin from the RCA to the "blue" input on the ST-60 and the ground wire to the "black" input on the ST-60. I did not use the "screen" or shield port on the back of the ST-60.

So for those of you who have an old instrument die mid season, and you want to avoid a haul out, an ST-60 can and will work with older transducers like the Datamarine if you're creative..

Before DS-35

After ST-60 using the same transducer!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

© Images In Posts Property of Compass Marine Inc.

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook