SailNet Community - View Single Post - Buying my first boat for liveaboard (Hunter 33 Cherubini 1978)
View Single Post
post #1 of Old 07-07-2008 Thread Starter
dodgydingo

Buying my first boat for liveaboard (Hunter 33 Cherubini 1978)

I am thinking of placing an offer on a 1978 Hunter 33 Cherubini. I had spoken before in the forums asking about other boats..that were much costlier and better suited for liveaboards but I found a small affordable boat I would be very happy with.

-Is it reasonable to expect to live aboard a Hunter.. I know its not a bluewater boat nor that large but the previous owner was a cabinet maker and the interior is just packed with teak cupboards which I am thrilled about.

-I am thinking it might take some creativity is finding a place for my cats litter box. Am I okay leaving my cat alone in my boat while I am away at work. Can I leave electric heating on in the boat for her during the winter or is that unsafe?

-How much could I expect in trailering fees to get this boat to my Marina.. it is roughly 300km (186miles) away.

Just some of my many questions running through my head before I speak with the finance guys tomorrow and go through with an offer.

Your thoughts would be appreciated.
Quote Share with Facebook

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome