SailNet Community - View Single Post - Any guitar players aboard?
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2008

Jonesee is on a distinguished road
Yamaha Silent Guitar here!!! Nylon string classical of course. They also make a steel string version. If you don't know what it is, google it. A picture is worth a thousand of my words. Small and easy to transport when broken down. Normal outside dimensions when put together. Works without anything, or with headphones or amp. I am impressed with the sound and and consider it more than satisfactory. It won't hold a candle to my Alvarez Concert Series, but I would never take the Alvarez out on the boat. I don't even take it out of the house for that matter.

I have had the Yamaha for 4-5 years now and use it more than my other 3 combined. Just handy to bang around with no worries. It just keeps going and going...

And I would love to have a Rainsong, but that will put a hurt on a wallet. With that much money, there would be soooo many guitars to choose from.

Oh, I just saw, please forgive for posting on your forum. The guitar headline lured me in.

And I saw you are from Colorado. If you are going to spend much time with a guitar on the water someplace like my very humid state of Florida. Make sure the guitar is humidified and acclimated back to your dryer climate. It will avoid splitting the back or front. If you feel for yours like I do mine, a crack would make me cry.

Last edited by Jonesee; 07-08-2008 at 12:30 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook