SailNet Community - View Single Post - Free in NYC
Thread: Free in NYC
View Single Post
post #1 of Old 07-08-2008 Thread Starter
Free in NYC

Hi everyone! A little bit about me... I'm 29, live up in Morningside in New York and am looking to learn the ropes. I took a basic sailing course during college, and then didn't set foot on a sailboat again until last year, when my wife and I (and dog) did a 4 day live aboard from Utila to Livingston, and up the Rio Dulce. It was a good learning experience as the Captain had me do (basically) all the work. I'm very comfortable on boats and actually have an FRC Coxswain's license as I work offshore as a Navigator on a Seismic survey vessel half the year (I know a heckuva lot about GPS). The other half, I'm here in NY with ample time on my hands. Anyway, if anyone out there needs a hand out on his or her boat, please let me know, I'm easy to get along with, take commands well, and learn quickly. (moderators -> should I place this post in any other forum?) OK - thanks everyone. take care! Aaron. Oh yeah, I'm signed up to get my ASA 101 in a couple of weeks, but hope to get out there sailing before that.
Quote Share with Facebook
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome