SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Female crew to sail west coast US to bundaberg Australia

14K views 105 replies 18 participants last post by  serenity4u2 
#1 · (Edited)
Female crew to sail east coast US to Bundaberg Australia

Intro

After reading some of the previous threads re: looking for female crew and almost split my sides laughing I thought I would prepare myself for the onslaught of my offering. I'm a single, good looking, tall dark and handsome 44 year old. So here goes crew, do you best. Hopefully the right lady is out there waiting for this post.

One female crew wanted to sail well founded 37' to 41' yacht (I'm looking to buy in US and sail home to Australia in late 08) from east coast US to Bundaberg, Australia. The route from Fort L. or Annapolis might take in Bermuda and Windward Islands as a shake down cruise to test compatibility. At this point a decision will be taken as to proceed to the Pacific via Panama or Cape Horn enjoying Rio and Buenos Aires (Tango and steaks). Then onto Valparaiso and the Galapagos.

You are 28 to 40, of good nature and narrow beam. Sailing experience not required, but some experience in heavy weather will tip the scales to the Cape Horn adventure.

All expenses to be shared equally. I am not looking for a cruise passenger. If you are travelling on a shoe string budget this will not suite either of us as I am not looking at subsidising someone elses lifestyle.

If you have wealthy parents that are prepared to support your adventures, or of independent means, all the better.

Cheers
Zephyr88:)

See less See more
#4 ·
One female crew wanted to sail well founded 37' to 41' yacht (I'm looking to buy in US and sail home to Australia in late 08) from east coast US to Bundaberg, Australia. The route from Fort L. or Annapolis might take in Bermuda and Windward Islands as a shake down cruise to test compatibility. At this point a decision will be taken as to proceed to the Pacific via Panama or Cape Horn enjoying Rio and Buenos Aires (Tango and steaks). Then onto Valparaiso and the Galapagos.

You are 28 to 40, of good nature and narrow beam. Sailing experience not required, but some experience in heavy weather will tip the scales to the Cape Horn adventure.

All expenses to be shared equally. I am not looking for a cruise passenger. If you are travelling on a shoe string budget this will not suite either of us as I am not looking at subsidising someone elses lifestyle.

If you have wealthy parents that are prepared to support your adventures, or of independent means, all the better.

Cheers
Zephyr88:)
Translation:
Smoking hot young babe needed to cook, clean, have sex with me, and stand watch during storms. Must be willing to pay 1/2 of all expenses because I'm cheap. I'm also so good looking and charming that I can't seem to find a female who wants to spend more than 5 minutes with me, so I need to hook up with someone who has never met me.

Please send a nude photo of you sailing in 20 foot seas, and a copy of your latest bank statement.

#9 · (Edited)
Great translation US27inKS, I had not idea thats what I may have implied. Mmmm! maybe way too much caveman in me, not a bad thing as I've been told cavemen look after their women whereas metros don't. As for cheap, subjective, I can cook very well (also subjective but rare steak on fire, mmmm! !more steak!) and as for meeting a woman, I know a few but non of them is the right one, non is willing to sail naked in 20 foot seas. You did forget the bit about willing to have babies. I liked the bit about the bank statement, but not essential.

Come on you smoking hot young babe, surely you're out there somewhere, I'm here waiting for you. You won't be dissapointed.

Cheers

#15 ·
Great translation US27inKS, I had not idea thats what I may have implied. Mmmm! maybe way too much caveman in me, not a bad thing as I've been told cavemen look after their women whereas metros don't. As for cheap, subjective, I can cook very well (also subjective but rare steak on fire, mmmm! !more steak!) and as for meeting a woman, I know a few but non of them is the right one, non is willing to sail naked in 20 foot seas. You did forget the bit about willing to have babies. I liked the bit about the bank statement, but not essential.

Come on you smoking hot young babe, surely you're out there somewhere, I'm here waiting for you. You won't be dissapointed.

Cheers
At least the guy is honest in what he wants. Better than: Female crew wanted to sail around Turkey... or whatever.

By the way, Zephyr, just so you know - whether she has billions or lives off of welfare, you WILL be paying her way. Well, at least if it is an American woman. If you do not pay her way, you will wish you did!!! Remember, that 40 foot boat can get small for you too! I suggest taking a liferaft for your own survival!

- CD

#16 ·
A woman with great sailing abilities is great looking. All depends on the beholder!!!

This last weekend Kris told me to go below and fix the kids something to eat because SHE wanted to sail. Ahhh, it was our 15 year anniversary and I will tell you that the woman has never been more sexy than that!!!!

Now guys, do I lie - or is the sexiest woman in the world the one behind the wheel of a sailboat, single handing, heeled at 15+? The bottle blondes in the POS Sea Rays.... you can have them. I have NO attraction to them! I am being honest!! A woman sailing a sailboat in a bikini - that is a fine woman.

- CD

#14 ·
Sailing abilities can be taught and learned. Beauty is, on the other hand, strictly in the important eye of the beholder. For men and women. In the end, it's just as easy to sail with a rich beautiful girl as it is a poor ugly one. What we end up sailing with...ah, now that is a matter of the vagaries and mysteries of life itself. That we even know what we are truly seeking or that we are guaranteed to end up happy is not a given, but the quest is one through fog-shrouded waters is it not?

#20 ·
That isn't going to happen, my friends. My life depends on it. However, let me see if I can give you one from last weekend. Anchored out (and rafted with Mom and Pops), the kids swimming off the transom, a cold beer in the waiting, a beautiful woman who LOVES to sail - that is heaven for this dad!!!

#23 ·
Sway-

With CD's mug... it had to be divine INTERVENTION. :)

#31 ·
John,
Now be nice. His kids are going to be Olympic divers and that's the lower platform for their dive training. They're gettin bigger and need more water to land in. What other possible reason could there be for CD to leave the dock, which is probably about 100 yards to the right of the photo?

#33 ·
Say, what is a half decent Tayana 37 worth? I've seen a few on yachtworld and they seem to be all over the shop, asking price and equipment wise.

This is one of the models I've been looking at as a friend of mine who just set off to New Caledonia has one. A really pretty boat, which appear seaworthy and comfortable.

Any advice on best place to buy in US east or west coast, year model etc. A decent broker to work with that can be recommended, does one exist anywhere in the world?

#34 ·
Say, what is a half decent Tayana 37 worth? I've seen a few on yachtworld and they seem to be all over the shop, asking price and equipment wise.

This is one of the models I've been looking at as a friend of mine who just set off to New Caledonia has one. A really pretty boat, which appear seaworthy and comfortable.

Any advice on best place to buy in US east or west coast, year model etc. A decent broker to work with that can be recommended, does one exist anywhere in the world?
Start a new thread on the matter. Can't you see you're interrupting important sailing matters here? :D :D :D

#37 ·
Just had a call from a friend. Now 0722 here in Bundaberg. He suggested that if I word my crew wanted add correctly I should be able to get two willing female European backpackers to jump on board my soon to be new boat (once I find one). With my add writting skills that you've all uncovered, I reckon I've got an ice cubes hope in hell.

Realistically !what are the chances of that!? I put it to you all. That way I can pass your comments over to my fellow dreamer caveman down south.

#38 ·
On second thoughts, Please ignore my last posting, A tad juvenile. Onto more serious matters.

Thanks to you all for your contributions. A most entertaining time I've had. Now must refocus on getting to know your American boats.

FYI, I sail a 1984 Swanson28 canoe stern. Swansons are well regarded here in Australia and may dominated the Sydney to Hobart race in Swansons hey day in the 60's and early 70's.
Cheers
Zephyr.

#40 ·
Well, I'm no rocket scientist here but I'd place an ad asking for crew, all expense paid once on board, and leave the female part out of it. You can just reject all male applicants and go from there. It's not like you're the Publisher's Clearinghouse sweepstakes and you have to give everyone a fair chance to win! When you empathise female you give the impression that that is your primary concern, pretty much obliterating most female's interest in learning more-if you ask me. Or did you want a stupid female? See, it's all in the wording. One way might create the impression that a young lady is going to fly out to your boat at great cost to herself, only to have you and your drunken friends abuse her naivete. The other leaves open the door for a woman seeking an adventure to respond to you. and it makes it much easier to convince said woman that she'll not be regarded as merly your love unit. In fact, if you're not prepared to have just a female shipmate I'd say you'd be best off just finding a well qualified sailor who want s to go to OZ.

#41 ·
Tayanas aren't american boats. :)

Well said sway...but it reduces the entertainment factor by about a billion. :)

#45 ·
Well put Sway.

I've got to give Zeph props for having the cahones to stick around and take the abuse after his initial post. Most guys post something like that, and are never heard from again.

My suggestion would be that you place an ad for a sailor, much like Sway said, but you really don't need to include the tall dark and handsome description of yourself. It's not a dating service. You would do better to give a description of your qualifications to make such a trip. Anyone, especially a woman of narrow beam, should be more concerned about your ability to get them back on land in one piece than your GQ style. If you wish to weed out the men, then exchange descriptions of one another later, good for you.

You may also want to break the trip up into pre-planned legs. You may have better luck getting someone out for a few weeks than a few months or more. This way you'll have several chances at true love.

#46 ·
Good points, and if the crew you pick turns out the be the crew from hell, you're stuck with them for a shorter duration too.

Well put Sway.

I've got to give Zeph props for having the cahones to stick around and take the abuse after his initial post. Most guys post something like that, and are never heard from again.

My suggestion would be that you place an ad for a sailor, much like Sway said, but you really don't need to include the tall dark and handsome description of yourself. It's not a dating service. You would do better to give a description of your qualifications to make such a trip. Anyone, especially a woman of narrow beam, should be more concerned about your ability to get them back on land in one piece than your GQ style. If you wish to weed out the men, then exchange descriptions of one another later, good for you.

You may also want to break the trip up into pre-planned legs. You may have better luck getting someone out for a few weeks than a few months or more. This way you'll have several chances at true love.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.