SailNet Community - View Single Post - Installing a Automatic Battery Selector Switch
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2008

artbyjody is just really nice artbyjody is just really nice artbyjody is just really nice artbyjody is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdface View Post
BTW Jody I skipped the fusing as well. It would've added about $70-100 bucks to fuse the larger gauge wire and Blue Sea confirmed it's really mainly for protecting the wires themselves, since the charge controller is fused and all the instruments are fused as well. You guys agree or should I plan on putting in a fuse panel for the controller as a second step?
lol...see what a great weight loss plan it is ain't it The bright side, you know more about the electrical on your boat than most - and odds are, you'll be able to enjoy the electrical project more (like Chuckles, SD, and myself), because one less "task" to do each time you take off and come back in.

I think you'll be alright skipping the process I did. I opted to skip because I have a pretty elaborate circuit panel protecting everything upstream. I have it added as a future project, but personally - it was never fused before, so I don't think its a major concern. Enjoy that beverage and congrats on a job well done!

S/V "
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
" -
1983, Barberis Show 38! or
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook