SailNet Community - View Single Post - Boat towing services?
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2008
C&C 34

MysticGringo is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to MysticGringo Send a message via AIM to MysticGringo Send a message via Yahoo to MysticGringo Send a message via Skype™ to MysticGringo
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailingdog View Post
You can use it, provided the owner is not aboard. If the owner is aboard, then the owner is responsible for towing the vessel, at least in TowBoat US's eyes.
Yeah, thats what I thought too, and what their website says. But thats not what Sailormon said was his experience:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailormon6 View Post
The unlimited towing coverage travels with the insured, from boat-to-boat, so that, if you're crewing on someone else's boat, and it has a mechanical problem or runs aground, it's covered. I have unlimited coverage, and have never used it on my boat, but had to use it two years ago, when I was on a friend's boat that grounded. (He was really happy that I had it!)
I guess if they don't ask if you are the owner, or if the owner is aboard... then it doesn't matter.

Thanks Enhydras for sharing your view. I admit I was a little surprised at the 80% of tows are powerboats... but once I thought about it, it really does make sense. $200 an hour port to port... I bet no one pays that twice.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook