SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Suitability of Cal 2-46 for Circumnavigation

11K views 17 replies 11 participants last post by  mwrohde 
#1 ·
Am considering purchasing Cal 2-46.
Purpose: extended cruising, eventual circumnavigation.

Would appreciate opinions/feedback.

Thanks.

w

#4 ·
I am a yacht Broker who has sold over 15 Cal 246 in the last ten years. Eight have gone world cruising and would not trade their boats for any other cruising boat. Of course I have an interest in selling you a boat and would be happy to answer any other questions. Boseyachts@prodigy.com

#7 ·
As a former Catalina owner... and one of our mods here is both a tech editor and another actually owns one.. the 46 is the highlight of the brand. Google the Catalina Owners Group, and you can hear the testaments as there is a huge difference between their say 27's and their 40+

Solid, will do anything you ask of them, and in most cases can go anywhere any of the bigger brands advert themselves. Naturally all up to the used condition and the upgraded conditioned ability, but all in all - a very fair and respectable "you can get there" cruiser.

Good luck..

#9 ·
And the OP and topic was about Cal's
Catalinas are an entierly different animal Jody.

As a former Catalina owner... and one of our mods here is both a tech editor and another actually owns one
Google the Catalina Owners Group,

#13 ·
Buried him at sea, in his beloved boat!.........

Well, not really sure about that, but it does have a nice ring to it! foreve sailing the boat while in davy jones locker!

Oh well, things that get posted on old threads!:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

From the phun posts, to the chew them out for bringing a dead post alive such that the moderator wanna be has to do his job.

back to your regular scheduled conflict!

Oh yeah, ignoring this thread, looking for my AM caffeine boost.

marty

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.