SailNet Community - View Single Post - Any knowledge on the Hunter 18?
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2008

h16Sailor is on a distinguished road
I have no Knowledge of this boat try Hunter Owners.com for owners sailing production sailboats
I have ridden on the catalina 16 and hunter 16 similar boats
ok this boat appears somewhat similar to my Catalina 22, great boat which is just about all my wife, daughter and I need. it does get a little cramped after 3 days.

If you are buying or seriously looking at a dealer's boat ask them to hook it up and pull it around the block. the dealers in my area might want to drive my truck around the block or they would want a written agreement 'I'll buy it if I wreck it' but, they want to sell a boat and should work with you as this is a legimate concern (will my current vehicle pull it).
about the boat dealer 'they checked it over' I think they made a benifitial trade for them and it was worth what they 'paid'. This doesn't mean its sound or without problems. Some dealers I have encountered float their boat with your money.
your going to need a motor if you lake sail. One lake i sail on I must motor out away from the trees. big debate about the need of a motor but i personally must have a motor. I use it about 30 minutes a trip 15 out & 15 back in.

fyi: my wife loves the Catalina
Best of luck Jody
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook