SailNet Community - View Single Post - Georgian Bay Cruising
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2008

scottbr is on a distinguished road
Hey Voodoo, I recognize that dock !! My mast is just up and to the left, slip 223. I will second Baymoorings as being an excellent marina. Amanda is second to none and is the heart of the marina.

One thing I don't get, is the graduated fees. My 33 is $ 2,900 and is probaby a further walk from the parking lot than you at 501.

Surftom, there's lots of things for the kids in this area. You can sail to Giants Tomb or Beckwith and both have awesome, clean, clear water beaches that you don't find in Lake Ontario and are within 2-3 hour sail or motor of our marina. Beausoleil Island, 1 - 1.5 hour sail / motor ( depending on the wind I did over 8 knots steady SOG one evening over to there) is a National Park and had hiking trails, small Interpretive Centre, playground or just space to get out and get around.

There's lots of areas close by or further that are great for anchoring out overnight. A good solid day sail / motor is Kilbear Provincial Park where you can anchor and use the park for a day fee and has lots of beach, hiking trails and a large new Interpretive Centre.

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook