SailNet Community - View Single Post - C&C 30 - 32 - 33
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2003

Stede is on a distinguished road
C&C 30 - 32 - 33

OrKnot,

I came very close to buying a C&C 33.My intention for the boat was to coastal cruise with her for awhile,and then possibly sell the boat and move up to something to blue water cruise with.I think C&C''s are well made,fast robust boats.The 33 carries a PHRF of 150 (decent),and the 33-2 carries a PHRF of 132.(decent+);^) If I''m not mistaken,the C&C''s have a laid up F/G hull,and a balsa-cored deck.On older models,I was told to pay particular attention to areas around the stanctions and deck hardware.If water has been allowed to penetrate the deck,you could be in for some expensive repairs.I''m sure a good surveyor can help you detect any problems.When I was looking at the 33''s,it seemed like most boats in the 80''s vintage were going for an asking price of between 30-40K if they were in really good shape.Of course a boat is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. There''s a good C&C owners site at:http://cncphotoalbum.com/index.htm
Also,if you''ll enter:C&C 33 in the search feature field here under the "buying a boat" topic, it should bring up some valuable information that I believe Jeff_H,and others provided. Good luck!
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook