SailNet Community - View Single Post - SD, Thanks
Thread: SD, Thanks
View Single Post
Old 07-13-2008
1997 Dehler 33

max-on will become famous soon enough
SD, Thanks

I want to publicly thank SailingDog for helping me with my boat. In addtion to several phone conferences, SD spent the day on the boat helping me address a few concerns I had with my VHF. He took the time to make the hour drive to Rhode Island, and showed up with tool bag and equipemnt in hand. Also, throughout the day we discussed several ways to upgrade other items on the boat that I have been thinking of doing and he provided me with several new ideas, where to source items I will need, and suggestions how to install them. I will not bore the group with the details, but thank you SD for all your help today.

SD makes a substantial contibution to this board, and sometimes the 'veterans' here, including me, chastise him for such things as instructing newbies the 'correct' way to post; however, after talking and meeting with him I can say he has a genuine interest in helping people/sailors by sharing knowledge, information, and experience on this board.

Stay tuned, next episode, I will be instructing SD the finer points of monohull sailing.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook