SailNet Community - View Single Post - If you don't know how to anchor... DON'T !!!!!!
View Single Post
Old 07-14-2008
Not So Senior Member

Sapperwhite has a spectacular aura about Sapperwhite has a spectacular aura about Sapperwhite has a spectacular aura about
last season at the break of dawn i woke up with "that feeling". i poke my head out the hatch in the vee berth.....nothing unusual. I go back below and wait a minute, then stick my head out again.

"hey that motor boat (25' Searay or similar) isn't in the same place it was a minute ago."

i get in the kayak and start towards him. he's drifting into a tight anchorage of about 15 sailboats. I bang on his hull very hard for a few minutes with no answer. he drifts within 5 feet of an Ericsson, whose owner is in the cockpit. the Ericsson blasts his air horn a few times at the offending moron. I paddle up to his bow and pull on his rode.....

This a**hole has 10 feet of line out on a danforth not sized to hold a dingy. He was one of the motor boats that nosed up onto a nearby beach the night before and drank himself stupid while cranking southern rock till 2am for the whole 5sq. mile area to enjoy.

He finally comes into the cockpit after Ericsson owner blasts the air horn like crazy. He looks at both of us and without a word starts his POS up and takes off back toward Annapolis while dragging his ten feet of rode off the bow. I got the hailing port but not the boat name unfortunately