SailNet Community - View Single Post - Hard Bimini
Thread: Hard Bimini
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2003

Magic_Moments is on a distinguished road
Hard Bimini

check out www.tartarooga.com
They make a lot of hard dodgers and they have molds to make them for a lot of boats.

They are located in Sidney BC and can be contacted via their website. Their website has a lot of pictures of boats with the hard dodger.

There is a place here in Bellingham I should remember that made one for a friend of mine''s Ericson, but I don''t.

Now that I have seen some of these dodgers and bimini''s in action I am sold on them. I also like being warm and dry and on a 16 hour passage in January I was happy to have my pilothouse. My boat has pretty good visibility of both sails and the water around and particularly in front that I haven''t found to be the case in many of the larger pilothouse boats I have been looking at, which led to my interest in cockpit enclosures. The view forward is really important when there are so many huge trees and crab traps in the water. My boat is too small with the boom hanging over the whole cockpit to get a dodger and bimini though.

I also found a propane heater called Mr. Heat that gets about 6 hours from the one pound cans they sell everywhere. It would work great in an enclosure.

Ken
Gulf 29
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook