SailNet Community - View Single Post - It's raining greenish yellow BBs
View Single Post
Old 07-14-2008

skyellab is on a distinguished road
It's raining greenish yellow BBs

Well last Friday I decided to take the family and friend on my boat rather than always using his. The wind is great, the sun is hot without out a doubt and it is time to pull the main sail out or (unfurle) it.

And then there is a shout "It is raining green BBs". I thought over the past few weeks someone was taking target practice at my French Boat with their Airsoft.

NO, after a call to the Dealer who says on Monday we will go see her. I find that it is in deed the bearings falling out of the TOP of the Main Furler. What would be better luck than have planned all year to go on my summer 2 week voyage just at the time when I understand the mast must be struck, after the new parts are plucked.

So no Jody we won't be racing on the Child Thursday. Oh joy to think the sails have been used a total of ten times in their life.

On the bright side, the salt crud will die in the lake, I would take.

Happy Sailing! Just to think I got a note in the mail today asking me to fill out a survey on the boat. Well lets see, the first question says: "How satisfied are you with your@@@@@@@@? What should I say?
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook