SailNet Community - View Single Post - Deck Paint Brand/Preference and Tips
View Single Post
post #7 of Old 07-17-2008
poopdeckpappy

I kinda sorta agree with Hale Kai, Two part are by far better paints, however, I did our Islander in Brightside, didnt skimp on the prep, nor the base coats. I holled and tipped 3 coats of color, let that cure, then masked off for the nonskid areas and applied an additional 2 coats of color with the nonskid additive. That was two years ago, last year I sold it, but I see it every couple months and it still looks as good as the day I did it ( minus the bird crap )

However, the boat was a 26 footer, was almost 40 yrs old, I invested far more into it than it's market value and I had no intention on keeping it that long, so Brightside made sense

On the other hand, my current boat I plan on keeping for awhile, has a the potential market value double what I paid for it, providing I do things right, so this boat warrants a better paint.

Bottomline is, use what fits your needs......Interlux Brightside is a good one parter. The others mentioned above by HaleKai are better

1955 Blanchard 51 Custom ( I got a woody )

1974 Ranger 33

Lord, give me coffee to change the things I can change and Rum to accept the things I can't
Quote Share with Facebook

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome