SailNet Community - View Single Post - Deck Paint Brand/Preference and Tips
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2008

poopdeckpappy has a spectacular aura about poopdeckpappy has a spectacular aura about
I kinda sorta agree with Hale Kai, Two part are by far better paints, however, I did our Islander in Brightside, didnt skimp on the prep, nor the base coats. I holled and tipped 3 coats of color, let that cure, then masked off for the nonskid areas and applied an additional 2 coats of color with the nonskid additive. That was two years ago, last year I sold it, but I see it every couple months and it still looks as good as the day I did it ( minus the bird crap )

However, the boat was a 26 footer, was almost 40 yrs old, I invested far more into it than it's market value and I had no intention on keeping it that long, so Brightside made sense

On the other hand, my current boat I plan on keeping for awhile, has a the potential market value double what I paid for it, providing I do things right, so this boat warrants a better paint.

Bottomline is, use what fits your needs......Interlux Brightside is a good one parter. The others mentioned above by HaleKai are better

Freedom comes when youíre ready to sail away. True freedom comes when you donít have to return

Cut off from the land that bore us, betrayed by the land we find, where the brightest have gone before us and the dullest remain behind, .......but stand to your glasses, steady,.......tis all we have left to prize, raise a cup to the dead already, hurrah for the next that dies
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook