SailNet Community - View Single Post - Air Conditioning
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2008

teshannon has a spectacular aura about teshannon has a spectacular aura about teshannon has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by deryk View Post
Im really torn about this. I Live aboard in central NJ and just moved up from a Watkins 27 to a Morgan 34. On the Watkins I had a 8000 watt a/c unit from home depot for a $150.00 With a Timer!!! (lol) Well trying to decide between a Cruiseair 6700 watt hatch unit and a larger sized true marine a/c unit. I would have to fit a 14x20x14 box in the boat somewhere... preferably on the starboard side because it would be easier to hide the insulated duct and vent it. Thought about a box right before the v birth not sure how close space would be.

I guess I could go with the cruiseair and if its not enough sell it and do the marine a/c unit.
My boat is on the central NJ coast and we have a 16,000 btu Cruiseair system. I wouldn't be without it. Although it's nothing like the Chesapeake it can get a bit hot if the breeze dies. It has the added benefit of keeping out the green monsters and the occasional dock noise.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook