SailNet Community - View Single Post - Pearson Triton Vs. Alberg 30
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2008
Telstar 28

sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice
The SC28 is a bit smaller than an Alberg 30 and fairly comparable to the Triton in terms of size. As for capabilities, all three are fairly capable boats, the limiting factor generally being the captain and crew. Many of the Southern Crosses were factory built, owner finished, so their interior plans can vary quite a bit, as can the stowage and tankage. It depends on which particular Southern Cross you're looking at. Two more possible boat swould be the Albin Vega or the Albin Cumulus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kai34 View Post
SDog-
Wow i just looked at some picuters of a sc28 and a sc31. They look like very solid bluewater boats. The SC28 looks like it would be in my price range, unless i found a SC31 cheaper. How does the SC28 compair to the Triton and the Alberg30 is size, capabilities, storage space, water tanks?
-kai

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

—Cpt. Mal Reynolds, Serenity (edited)

If you're new to the Sailnet Forums... please read this
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Still—DON'T READ THAT POST AGAIN.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook