SailNet Community - View Single Post - Anyone using Allstate for boat insurance?
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2003

nauticalrich is on a distinguished road
Anyone using Allstate for boat insurance?

Maybe this has nothing to do with the boat insurance divison of Allstate but here goes.
I was rear ended at a stop light and sent me to the emergency ward. It was 8 months after I had cervical surgery and it hurt.
I was unable to use my right arm for any kind of repetitive labor for 6 weeks.

Allstate agreed to pay all bills, co pay, ambulance, and painting and cleaning my boat so I could get it out of the yard.

I paid all bills and at their request mailed them to Allstate. They never replied. After I followed up with them they told me I need to go back to the doctor and get a release or percent disability.
More co payments. After a year and a half
I asked them for reimbursement and told them the statue of limitation is up in 2 years and they were forcing me to get an attorney.
They did not care about their insured and let me sue them.

I only asked for reimbusement of around $800. Their total disregard for their insured caused them to get sued. Even though the insurance co handles lawsuits, you are the one who is sued.

THEY WILL NOT STAND BEHIND YOU. THEY ARE CHEAP.

Also, the insurance rate sounds awful high.
Don''t know the value of your boat but mine is around $28,000, full coverage including $1,000 emergency service, no deductable on that, $300,000 libability, etc. Around $500.00 on my home owners.

Good Luck

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook