SailNet Community - View Single Post - Time to jump in, Florida's Space Coast
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2008

poppa is on a distinguished road
Time to jump in, Florida's Space Coast

I suppose it's time to jump in and say hello to the Sailnet gang. I've been hanging around and enjoying Sailnet for some time now. Yeah, a lurker. I know.
A little background on me (Poppa). Lived aboard my 35' Piver tri that I rebuilt from bare hull to a very nice vessel back between '92 and '95. Met my future wife at the local marina after coming in off the hook for two years for an extended (year long) dockside visit. Lost the boat (Kept the Wife) to one of our nasty back door hurricanes, Irene in 1999. Have been thinking about getting back on board for a few years now. Have spent last few decades working, traveling, raised two sons, (one in college, one joining USCG) working on the Space Shuttle for the last 26 years and thinking about the timing of the end of the program in 2010. Destiny??? Might be. I think it's time to go sailing again. USCG OUPV License since 1998. Continuing my search for the right boat and preparing for the right time.

Looks like a lot of new folks in the last few weeks. A veritable Sailnet stampede!
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook