SailNet Community - View Single Post - NavPod Installation Tips
View Single Post
Old 07-20-2008

Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice
I made it..

Quote:
Originally Posted by poopdeckpappy View Post
Saw the same tip over on cruisers forum, I was going to ask the guy where he got the platform that his pods sit on from.

I made that out of King Starboard. To do this I simply removed the compass, shifter plate and pedestal guard top plate. I then screwed the aluminum top pedestal guard top plate to a piece of Starboard using the existing mounting holes form the top plate. From there I drilled my two holes for the 1" pedestal guard tubes down through the aluminum top plate with a 1" Forstner bit so they were perfectly aligned with the original aluminum top plate. Next I used my router with a flush cut bearing guided bit to trace the big hole.

The final steps just involved shaping the new top plate to my preferences. I totally replaced the aluminum top plate with one made of Starboard. Unfortunately Starboard is not very rigid so I needed to support it and did so using dodger tubing and fittings..

Support strut attachment point (ignore my daughter):

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

© Images In Posts Property of Compass Marine Inc.

Last edited by Maine Sail; 07-20-2008 at 10:13 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook