SailNet Community - View Single Post - S2-9.2 c
Thread: S2-9.2 c
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2008

SkipperSteve is on a distinguished road
Thanks Guys and Gals,
You all seem to love the S9.2 in your own way and everyone appears happy with the coastal performance and accommodation she offers in both the aft & central cockpit arrangement. I have still not had the opportunity to see one of these little ships first hand as work is always a priority. The only real response to my question came from “Camaraderie” whom, I deduce, is talking from the experience and platform of a bigger vessel.
With further research I have concluded that the S9.2 c is not the boat to cross the pond, because of its high volume and cork like reputation. Though my intent is a onetime one way trip I would hate to struggle on the journey due to bad Ocean going qualities, to find that I wish to go further but the boat doesn’t.
I have yet to overcome the belief that every boat is a compromise so I am now pursuing a cross section of heavy displacement, Long/Full keeled vessels between 30 & 33ft of which there are few examples. As I have never been a lover of the retractable center plate/board, I have narrowed the field to five or six potentials; Cape Dory 30 & 33, Bombay clipper 31, Westsail 32, Downeaster 32, or the Yorktown 33, Has anyone any views on these???
The Hunt goes on. My present boat ‘Rip Tide’ will find her way down the family ladder and the new vessel will be named ‘Ebb Tide’ when I find her
Thank you all
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook